This is one of my favorite Ecuadorian dishes: shrimp ceviche! It’s mouth-watering and we usually garnish it with popcorn and green plantain chips. Ceviche can also be made with heart palms, fish or chocho beans (lupin beans) instead of shrimp.
Be creative and adjust the quantities to get the perfect taste.
- 2 pounds of cooked shrimp
- 1 onion sliced very thinly (I used white onion, some people prefer red onion. Soak the onion slices in salt water for 10 minutes, rinse well and drain)
- 4 tomatoes (Blended)
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper: red or yellow, diced (optional)
- Juice of 3 big limes
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2-3 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 bunch of cilantro chopped very finely
- Salt and pepper
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp mustard (optional)
- Popcorn and chifles (plantain chips) to garnish
Mix all the ingredients together in large bowl and serve with popcorn and plantain chips.